How to Apply For NYSC Revalidation and Remobilization?


Every year thousands of Nigerian graduates register for the National Youth Service Corps program and are sent to different parts of the country to serve their fatherland. This process is called NYSC Mobilization,


While the vast majority is successful in their mobilization attempts, not everyone reports to NYSC camps, and also, not everyone completes their service year,

If you are looking for information on NYSC Remobilization or revalidation, this guide is for you. Note, for either of them to work; you must have registered for mobilization before in any previous batch.

NYSC Revalidation

NYSC Revalidation option is meant for those who;

  • Those refused to go camping after they have been mobilized maybe because of distance or financial reason.
  • Those forgot to check their NYSC dashboard for their letter of mobilization. As funny as it sounds, a friend missed camp because he thought the letter would be mailed to him or sent via school, forgetting he will have to print it from his dashboard. The lack of email/SMS notification for the printing of letter didn’t help anyways.
  • Those who forgot vital documents when they went camping hence they weren’t registered.
  • Those who went late to camp and got there after the registration window must have expired, so they weren’t registered.
  • Anyone who had been mobilized and for any reason didn’t show up at camp or wasn’t registered at camp.

If you don’t have a State Code number (Unique NYSC number that identifies your Service State, Year, Batch and personnel number), you fall into this group. A State Code number looks like State/Year&Batch/personnel number, eg KW/17B/0001, DT/18C/1786

How to Apply for NYSC Revalidation?

To apply for revalidation, you will have to follow those who are applying for mobilization.

Once a new batch of Prospective Corp Members are applying for mobilization, open the NYSC Portal and click on the Registration button.

On the next page, you will see the Revalidation option. Click on it and follow the instructions to revalidate your profile (usually only fingerprint recapture) and voila, you are done.

If revalidation is done within the same batch (maybe you missed Batch A Stream 1 Camping and apply alongside Batch A Stream II) you will likely be posted back to the same state. Else, if you missed Batch A camping and applied alongside Batch B or C, you will be posted to a different state.


NYSC Remobilization

NYSC Remobilization is meant for those who;

  • after registration at the CAMP or after being posted to a PPA (place of primary assignment) absconded and didn’t complete the service year.
  • May also be the option for corpers who were sent out of camp for participating in sexual activities or gambling, smoking, fighting. I am only certain about the first option.

So if you didn’t report to your PPA for the period of 90 days to 110 days, you would be declared as ABSCONDED CORP MEMBER. Unlike Revalidation, you will not go camping again (NYSC doesn’t allow an individual to camp twice).

How to Apply for NYSC Remobilization?

On the average, it takes the NYSC state secretariat about 5 months to declare a corp member as absconded and notify the main headquarters. This is because the LGI, ZI and State Coordinator will have to verify that you have fled.

If you absconded immediately after camp without collecting any allowance (other than the ones paid at the camp) good for you. If you absconded from service after receiving an allowance outside the camp, you are refunding it. The steps to apply for Remobilization is quite stressful though.

You will have to make sure you have been declared as absconded corp member else you can go back and continue service with Extension of service. If you have been reported as an absconded corp member and remobilised, you will be posted to a different state for service.

To apply for Remobilization;

i. You will have to travel down to the NYSC secretariat of the state you were posted to (good luck if it is far from you).

ii. There, locate the Office of Corps Discipline and Reward. Inform them that you want to apply for remobilization and you came to check for “LETTER OF DECISION“. If the state officials haven’t sent their letter of decision to Abuja, you will be given the option of returning to service with extension for the number of days missed. If they have submitted their decision, the head of the department will check if the National Headquarters have sent a remobilization decision. If no, your long wait begins. Letter of decisions usually takes about 3 months to return from Abuja (except you somehow manage to influence the speed, maybe by divine intervention). If there is a letter of decision, good, if not you go home and return some other time.

iii. Go to your bank (the one you registered for collection of allowee) and request for Bank Account Statement. This will serve as proof that you either received an allowance or not. If you did not receive any allowance outside the camp, go to the next step. If you did, calculate how much NYSC paid into your account and refund via REMITA.

iv. To refund via REMITA, go to a CYBER CAFE and inform them you want to make REMITA payment to the TREASURY SINGLE ACCOUNT under NYSC, and select Personnel Cost as Purpose of Payment (you can verify this by heading to the Accounts department of the State NYSC and asking for directions on how to refund allowance). Make the payment at the nearest bank using your generated RRR number and make about four photocopies of the Teller, Remita payment slip and Account Statement as proof.

v. After presenting your Account Statement  (and proof of payment in case you refunded allowee) at the Corps Discipline and Reward office, you will be asked to write a letter to the DG informing Him of your willingness to return to service. The Head of Corps Discipline and Reward will guide you on how to do that.


vi. Next, you will be sent to the ICT office to submit the documents alongside a copy Letter of Decision.

vi. Then you go home and wait for remobilization portal to open (usually a week after camp). Go to NYSC portal, click on remobilization,

Select the option with  “click here if you registered online and in camp” and log in.

If you see a successfully remobilised message, you can proceed to print remobilization slip on your dashboard and also Certificate of remobilization.

vii. head over to the NYSC secretariat of the new state you have been posted to and begin serving immediately. When remobilised, you only serve 11 months.

NOTE: In case your letter of decision has not been sent, you can go ahead to get your statement of account and refund the allowance if any (excluding whatever you received at the camp). This will speed things up once you get the letter of decision.

Mind you, the only way to know if your letter of decision has been sent is by visiting the office of Corps Discipline and Reward at the state headquarters of the state you were posted to. Except you have your way of communicating with them, be prepared for transportation cost.

Ini Laurence
Simple, Always Curious. When he is not seeing animes or reading about phones and trending technologies, he is somewhere in his room building wordpress websites


  1. This is a very insightful article. Thank you.
    I had to remobilse and I searched and searched for information online and I could not get any. Luckily for me a classmate that had the same issue put me through. My question is do I need another Letter of Fitness to serve to get my new state code in the state I’ve been mobilised to. and can I do the registration for the new state code during the orientation camp or I have to wait till after it? Thank you

    • 1. You dont need another certificate of fitness to get anything. If you still have your green card, good. if you don’t print out your letter of remobilisation.
      2. Please check your letter of remobilisation for the last days you have to report to your new state. If it falls with the period of the camp, you can proceed to the state secretariat for registration to get a new state code. If it falls on orientation camp period, you may need to proceed to the orientation camp to register. Though you are not going to camp again if you have camped before. Do well to ask for those in ICT department and explain yourself there.

    • Hello Joshua, first of all I wouldn’t advise you to try absconding inorder to force Remobilization.

      It is not possible to try and postpone mobilization, except you have not registered before.

      Remobilization is a stressful process. There is no guarantee that you will able to return to batch c next year.

      Also I heard the laws are now stricter although I can’t guarantee the accuracy of the information.

      If whatever you want to do is very important to warranty that 1 year absence, you may seek advice from the nearest NYSC office (every local government Secretariat has one)

  2. Please can I still get posted to my state of choice I.e my husband state of residence if i fail to show up in camp and want to wait for another batch ,reason being that after registering as a married woman,i was still posted to a far state .

  3. Pls I have a very big problem I was exempted due to my negligence, my years was overdue for service year, the person that registered me online accepted the exemption option. On my dashboard it’s written your exemption letter is been printed and will be sent to your institution. But I really want to serve cos I need the certificate not exemption letter. Pls what should I do. You can email me thanks

  4. I just printed my call up letter yesterday and swearing in is today. So i can’t make it to bauchi so I’m not going with batch c stream 2. Hope i can revalidate for batch A stream 1 2020

  5. Hi, I have a serious issue
    I worked my posting to Lagos and the guy that did that posted some document on my profile making it seem like I’m married which I’m not and I wasn’t aware until I got to camp and they said I can’t be registered. Now I don’t know what to do, do I need to re register or re apply because I can’t use that call up letter. Please help me out.

  6. Hi, I have done all the processes for remobilization and the man in charge called me to inform me that I have been accepted that I should print my certificate in my dashboard, I have been checking regularly on my dashboard but no way. I even tried to register on the remobilization portal again yesterday I was told a certificate has been printed, please how can I get this certificate?

  7. I could not make it to camp so I did revalidation to go with batch c stream 2 and I could not make it again with this stream .
    Can I revalidate again with batch A 2020

  8. Hi Lauren I have done all processes of remobilization and I have been posted to the my previous state again when I go there that is jigawa last when I saw remobilization letter in my dash board and mind you my call up number doesn’t change that was last week and they told me that Remobilization has not been open i should wait for the portal open and register I.e the portal will show with date line as they said and I would not serve again in same state am absconded .thanks.pls give more light .

    • Hello Abba, I am not sure if you have been posted cause

      1. You are not supposed to serve in the same state again.
      2. Your callup number is supposed to change. Same with your Batch Number and later state code.

      To the best of mt knowledge, remobilisation portal is still open. If you are still in Jigawa, please go to the NYSC secretariat and ask for the Office of Corp Discipline and Reward. Tell them you absconded and you are there for “LETTER of Descision”. The letter will show you the state you have been posted to. Though you will still have to wait for it to reflect on your dashboard before you can proceed.

      To confirm though, click on print slip on your dashboard to see if your posting has changed.

  9. Please I want to know if the online remobilization registration will require fresh thumb printing? I had difficulty in my thumb printing when I went to camp in 2018, though it was later successful and I absconded afterwards.
    I guess the machine from the cafe was faulty because some of my friends we used same cafe had similar issues. In fact, they faced this thumb printing challenge during their service year and most times they had to resort to manual clearance.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Trending Now.