The four year old Chinese smartphone company (OnePlus) that took the world by storm when it launched in 2013 and have been following up with nothing less afterwards have launched an upgrade to its latest flagship, the OnePlus 5.
Before today, several sparks surrounded the newly launched One plus 5T, especially when news broke that interest individuals who would love to witness the launch of the smartphone would have to pay a $40 fee to attend. Also, we even got hands on leaked images of the device days to its official launch.
Today, November 16, the OnePlus 5T have finally been launched and we want to see what stuff the device is made of.
Design & Display
The OnePlus 5T rocks the same design as the OnePlus 5 but comes with a bigger screen. The OnePlus 5T has a 6.01 inch AMOLED Full HD display with 2160 x 1080 pixels resolution and the latest version of Corning’s Gorilla Glass protection; the Gorilla Glass 5. The screen is a 2.5D curved glass display and is also scratch resistant.
Another major modification that distinct the OnePlus 5T from the OnePlus 5 is the movement of the fingerprint scanner to the rear. This was done to create more room for the display without having to increase the size and dimension of the OnePlus 5T.
Disappointedly, the OnePlus 5T runs the Oxygen OS which is based on the Android v7.1 Nougat operating system. The device is upgradable to the latest Android Oreo OS (which OnePlus says is happening early 2018) but it was something it should have come with from the start.
Performance and Memory
Under these compartments the OnePlus 5T isn’t any different from it’s predecessor, the OnePlus 5. The device feature the same Qualcomm’s 2.45 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 processor and Adreno 540 graphics processing unit.
The OnePlus 5T will also come in two different variants that are differentiated by their storage capacities. One will feature 6GB of RAM and 64GB internal memory. The other, a huge 8GB RAM and 128GB of built-in memory. I really am finding hard to picture what this monster cannot handle.
The OnePlus 5T comes with a tri-camera optic system. Two beastly 20 MP and 16 MP lens combination are on the rear, and a single 16 MP SONY lens is up front.
Battery and Connectivity
Keeping the monster OnePlus 5T up and doing is a 3,300 mAh Lithium Ion battery that charges to full capacity in no time, thanks to the OnePlus 5T Dash Charge technology. The device supports 2G, 3G and 4G LTE networks.
Device X Specifications
- 2G: GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Micro-SIM, dual standby.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 7.1 (Nougat).
- User Interface: Oxygen
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 156.1 x 75.0 x 7.3 mm.
- Weight: 162g.
- Display size: 6.01 inches.
- Display Resolution: 2,160 * 1080 pixels (FHD+).
- Pixel resolution: ~401 ppi pixel density.
- Display Technology: AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Build: Aluminum Alloy
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Colours: Black, Gold, Gray.
- Processor Name/Technology: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Processor Speed: 2.45 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: 8 (Octa-Core).
- Graphics Processor: Qualcomm Adreno 504
- RAM: 6GB/8GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB/128GB
- External Storage: expandable up to 256GB with microSD.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Compass, Fingerprint sensor, Gyroscope, Hall Sensor, Heart rate.
- Lens: 16MP
- LED Flash: Yes
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p@30fps.
- Properties:Pro Mode, Autofocus, Dynamic Denoise, Continuous shooting, Digital zoom, Exposure compensation, Face detection, Geotagging, Auto HDR
- Lens: 16MP.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Properties: –
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: n/a.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n , Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: GPS + GLONASS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3,300mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Fast Charging: Yes
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: November 16, 2017.
- Availability: November 21, 2017.
How much is OnePlus 5T?
The 64GB version of the OnePlus 5T will cost $499 while the OnePlus 5T 128GB will cost a little more; $559